The Centre for Organic & Resource Enterprises (CORE) was established in 1997 in Sydney, Australia. CORE is a collaborative network supporting and promoting the beneficial reuse of recovered organic resources. CORE encourages and facilitates the highest sustainable reuse of recovered resources. In doing so it aims to minimize disposal of precious resources while maximizing beneficial reuse.
CORE focuses on four pillars of activity:
- Research & Demonstration
- Marketing & Promotions
CORE develops and implements campaigns, programs and events to achieve its mission.
The objectives of CORE as an international environmental marketing network are to:
- Provide proactive and face to face support for suppliers, marketers and users of environmental products, technologies and services.
- Proactively and effectively lobby to increase market penetration for recycled materials and increase awareness of avoidance, re-use and recycling.
- Assist the coordination and facilitation of local, regional, state and federal policy, research and marketing initiatives.
- Identify and attract funding and cross funding for market demand acceleration and development.
- Provide an easily accessible, member responsive secondary resource centre.
- Develop, stimulate and co-ordinate e-commerce trading of environmental products and services.
- Link with all other industry sectors that have an interest in or impact on the environment.
- Holistically promote and implement re-use of secondary materials.
- Better capture the outcomes of research and development and convert into market development and acceleration.
- Operate a market planning, monitoring and evaluation system and disperse findings to members.
CORE is funded primarily by the additional business brought to members by CORE Programs and industry partnerships and collaborations. We use these resources to develop grant projects and new marketing initiatives to remain at the leading edge of demand creation.